Booking Terms and Conditions
The following Terms are referenced in the Conditions below:
- The Bolt Hole is at Box Lane Barn, Minchinhampton, Gloucestershire GL6 9DH
- The ‘Rental Fee’ means the amount to be paid by the ‘Occupant’ for the ‘Holiday Period’
- The ‘Deposit’ means the 30% of the total cost, paid upon making a booking and which is non-refundable
- The ‘Holiday Period’ means the period from 4.00pm on the commencement date until 10.00am on the departure date
- The ‘Occupant’ means the person renting cottage
- The ‘Owner’ means Tony and Biddy Hadfield.
The Occupant must pay the Owner the Deposit at the time of booking the Holiday Period, and the balance must be paid at least four weeks prior to the start of the Holiday Period. If the booking is made less than six weeks before the start of the Holiday Period the Rental Fee must be paid in full at the time of booking.
If the balance of the Rental Fee is not made when due, the booking is deemed to be cancelled, and the Deposit paid will not be refunded.
If the Occupant cancels the booking more than four weeks before the start of the Holiday Period the Deposit will only be refundable if the Owner has been able to re-let The Bolt Hole. If it is re-let the Deposit less an administration charge of £30 will be repaid.
If the Occupant cancels the booking less than four weeks before the start of the Holiday Period the Rental Fee will only be refundable if the Owner has been able to re-let The Bolt Hole. If it is re-let the Rental Fee less an administration charge of £50 will be repaid.
If the Owner cancels the booking for any reason prior to the start of the Holiday Period they will give the Occupant a full refund of the Deposit and/or Rental Fee paid.
If the Occupant vacates The Bolt Hole before the end of the Holiday Period, of his/her own volition, no refund will be made.
These Terms and Conditions are granted by the Owner to the Occupant for the Holiday Period and are not intended to create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the parties.
The Occupant shall not be entitled to a new tenancy, or to any assured short-hold or assured tenancy, or any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988, or other statutory security of tenure now or upon determination of these Terms and Conditions.
The Owner permits the Occupant to occupy The Bolt Hole for the Holiday Period for the Rental Fee, payment of which is required in advance, together with use of the furnishings, kitchen equipment, crockery, glasses, bedding and towels as described at reference folder supplied in The Bolt Hole.
- The Holiday Period will commence at 4.00pm on the commencement date, and the Occupant must have vacated The Bolt Hole, with his/her partner and effects, by 10.00am on the departure date. Failure to do so will result in the Occupant being charged a further week’s Rental Fee.
- The Owner will issue the Occupant with one key to The Bolt Hole at the start of the Holiday Period, and the Occupant must return this to the Owner on the departure date. The Occupant will pay the cost of a replacement key should he/she fail to return the key on this date.